“Does it make sense for alarm clock app to want permission to record video or take picture?”
Average android phone have installed 15 - 30 applications that have camera permission and can be anytime misused to watch and spy on people. Each of 15 - 30 apps can anytime take picture or recording video. Most of the apps has internet permission and can transfer recorded content to the world.
Camera Block is mobile application that allows you to disable and block your mobile device camera. App temporary turn off and block all camera resources (hardware and software) and disable access to camera to other apps and whole android system.
- Protect privacy from spying through phone camera
- Block and disable phone camera by single click
- Multiple camera support (Front, Back, …)
- Shows list of apps with camera permission (Shows security threats, spyware, malware threats)
- Simple and clear design with 2 templates and multiple icon sets
Application was launched on September 19, 2013 as reaction on privacy issues of last months. Application is distributed in 2 versions. Free version is limited - the camera can’t be disabled between 18:00 – 22:00.
Last updated 25 Sep 2013