CritDice is a free dice roller for Android. Its clean user-interface makes rolling dice faster ... More
CritDice is a free dice roller for Android. Its clean user-interface makes rolling dice faster and easier than the real thing. Need to roll 8 six-sided dice and add 12 to the result, after drinking a few beers at game night - without being laughed at by your friends when the mental math takes longer than it should? With CritDice, the results are added up instantly. Drink as many beers as you'd like. CritDice will keep you rolling.
CritDice includes the following features:
- Clean and polished user interface. Who says geeks have no style? You'll be the most stylish geek at your game table when using CritDice.
- Simple dice calculator supports many dice types, combinations of dice, and modifiers.
- Dice results are totaled and shown in a large popup, along with detailed results of the individual dice rolled.
- Roll dice by tapping the ROLL button or by shaking the device. Shake again while the dice results are shown to re-roll.
- Dice formulas can be saved as "favorites", allowing 1-tap rolling.
- Access a list of all previous dice results, and tap any result to re-roll.
- Customize dice sounds. For example, a custom sound can be played when a 20 (critical hit) is rolled on a d20.
- Optional text-to-speech announcement of roll results.
Last updated 9 Sep 2015
Published 9 Sep 2015
Not being much of a game playing kind of guy, I winced a little bit when I first looked at this dice roller app. I mean, unless you love dice games, what is there to say about them? They roll, they score, that's it! Why do you need an app for that? You may just as well use real dice, right? Well, how wrong can one be? CritDice really is a whole lot of fun and already I'd much rather use this Android app to roll dice than the real thing. This free game for smartphones and tablets makes rolling the dice easier, makes calculating scores a breeze and, with the sound bites added, turns something as mundane as throwing dice into a heck of a lot of fun.
CritDice is a free dice roller for Android that uses a clean and polished user-interface to make rolling dice faster and easier than those clumsy little square blocks. There are two ways to 'roll the dice.' You can either tap the 'roll' button on the app or you can simply shake the device. Dice results are totaled and shown in a large popup on the app, along with the detailed results of the individual dice rolled. CritDice supports many dice types and various combinations of dice as well as modifiers that can change the behavior or outcome of dice rolls. Dice formulas can be saved as 'favorites' and used for simple one-tap rolling and you can access a list...