Stuck when SOLVING A CROSSWORD? - iCluer will help you solve it. Want to BUILD your own crossword? - iCluer will make it much easier. The free version of iCluer has all you'll need to solve a crossword, including a huge offline database.
iCluer contains the entire free public database from Matt Ginsberg's »Crossword clue database« (http://www.otsys.com/clue) which includes over 2 million clues and over 267,000 distinct entries, based on crosswords published by NY Times, NY Sun, LA Times, Wall Street Yournal, etc. Available offline!
iCluer now (version 1.1) also offers downloading additional databases - in this version are included words and definitions from English and German Wiktionary. With enough support additional databases will follow. The basic keyword search pattern (all you need as crossword solver!) can contain any known and unknown (*) letters. Advanced keyword search (crossword builder mode, available in full version) can also contain vowels (@)/consonants ($) or multiple letters (%) pattern. Clue search, which works in combination with keyword search, helps you narrow down the results to find the best answer.
The full version of iCluer enables you to create and import various custom databases, allowing you to limit searches to specific areas or to expand databases to other languages (use UTF8 file encoding for proper use of accented letters).
The free version of iCluer gives you:
* The entire offline »Crossword clue database«
* Additional free databases
* Basic keyword and clue search (without any length limits or results restrictions) - all you need as crossword solver!
* Ads (a bottom banner and a full screen ad on every 5th search)
* Some advanced (and visual) settings are disabled.
The full version (accessible though In-App purchase) of iCluer gives you:
* All free version features
* Crossword builder mode (advanced search options)
* Create & import data to custom databases
* All settings enabled
* No ads
Last updated 7 Feb 2015