Many POS developers herald their apps as replacing the cash register, but Kounta’s aiming for ... More
Many POS developers herald their apps as replacing the cash register, but Kounta’s aiming for something more. The Kounta POS is the replacement for the legacy POS systems that replaced the cash register. Developed with hospitality in mind, Kounta will easily fit into any bar, restaurant, cafe, bakery, you get the idea. The retailers of the world weren’t forgotten, though, and will also be impressed with how much functionality can fit inside a cloud-based app:
- The POS screen is fully customisable to make taking orders or ringing up customers easy and intuitive for your staff. Organise items by category, color code them, use images, scan for barcodes, you name it. The Fast Cash button speeds up the line, as do integrated credit card and mobile payments.
- Managing your inventory becomes much simpler when it’s tied into your POS. Store menu items as recipes and have the right amount of each ingredient deducted from your stock each time it’s ordered. Do the same with bundled products. Modifiers and variants for items fine tune your inventory tracking even more. Set thresholds and get low stock alerts and generate a PO for more, all from the same interface.
- Creating customer relationships is that much easier when you create profiles for them in your POS. Knowing their buying habits makes it easier to create a personalised experience. Stay in touch with them through social media and email with offers and rewards.
- Hospitality-specific features improve the flow of operations and reduce human error, resulting in happier customers. Orders are automatically routed to any or all of your multiple printers, with locations defined at the item level (e.g. sandwich prints to kitchen, coffee prints to drink station). The ability to track and calculate consumption and waste arms owners to make smarter purchasing decisions. Table layouts and advanced tipping features make Kounta ideally suited for hospitality.
- Kounta is cloud-based, but works offline, too—virtually eliminating all major IT headaches. Server maintenance—like hardware upgrades, software updates, and backup management—are in the hands of people who do this sort of thing for a living, leaving you free to run your business.
- Kounta’s advanced reporting and analytics platform gives even the smallest of businesses access to the kind of sophisticated data analysis the largest companies have been using for years.
While cloud software has often been criticised as a pale imitation of more robust, legacy platforms, this is more a knock against developers than the cloud itself. While developing Kounta, the team weren’t focused on the cloud being a solution unto itself. Rather than make cloud software, they wanted to make software that happened to run in the cloud.
Last updated 22 Mar 2016
Published 22 Mar 2016
The restaurant business has really changed over the years. There was a time when many dining spots were basically mom and dad affairs. You ordered your food from one of them and the other would cook it to your specifications - with a bit of luck. But restaurants nowadays seem to have got bigger and more complicated and you almost need a Maitre'D in each to control the flow and to make sure that everything runs to perfection. However, it's not exactly easy to find someone who is competent and hard working enough to live up to the name these days.
There are now plenty of apps on the market that aim to fill the roll of the Maitre'D but very few come even close to offering as much as this one does. Kounta POS is an all encompassing, feature-rich app for iOS and Android that serves the food and drink industry and offers a complete ecommerce environment from beginning to end. While it was developed specifically for bars, restaurants, cafes and bakeries, many other retailers will also see the benefits that this cloud-based system can bring to their business.
Kounta POS not only replaces the cash register but also goes one step beyond the legacy POS systems that were hailed as the next big thing not so long back. The fully customizable POS screen makes order taking easy and intuitive for staff and features a myriad of organizable possibilities to make your business run like clockwork. For...