When we talk about security of any of the file in system, passwords seems to be one of the reliable options that prevent crucial files and folders from unauthorized access. Password applied to MS Access MDB file although limits its usage; it helps the administrator to define selective access over critical database. In the upcoming section of this article, we will discuss the way to protect MDB file with password and under what situations need for MDB password recovery tool arises.
First, we will have a view at steps that will enable you to create password protected MDB file. Below mentioned are the steps to be followed:
1) To start up with MDB password protection process, make sure that the database is closed. If it is shared with another user, close it.
2) Take a backup copy of database so as to ensure that in any case if something wrong happens, you have a healthy copy of database available with you
3) From the File Menu, click Open. Select the MDB file that you wish to protect with password by clicking on the arrow button on right.
4) From the menu bar, go to Tools >> Security >> Set Database Password
5) Type password in the “Password Box” and verify it. Click OK
This is how you can set a password to your MDB file comprising of confidential information. But, there are situations when password creates trouble for the users. For example: You created a database in Access few months ago, used it and protected it with password. After sometime, you again need that database but when remain unable to recall the password. Under such scenarios, need for MDB password recovery tool arises to as to unlock significant database.
Forgetting password or receiving a MDB file protected with password are some of the situations that call for a reliable solution to unlock Access files. Since password loss can cause huge loss, it is suggested to opt for third party software to unlock the MDB files as a wise tool selection caters easy and reliable results.
Last updated 4 Apr 2013