'My SOS Family' is your trusted emergency support network of family, friends, neighbours and ... More
'My SOS Family' is your trusted emergency support network of family, friends, neighbours and colleagues who will rescue you in an emergency SOS situation.
Your SOS Family can be anywhere in the world, and this App will alert and contact them on any and every type of phone.
It's easy to trigger the SOS on either your iPhone or Android phone and there are lots of extra features like the SOS Timer that will help improve your safety, our system then sends our Alerts to the 'SOS Family' by SMS, automated phone calls and email containing vital info including your location.
With the App you also get access to the Smart Speaker (Amazon Alexa Skill or Google Home App) also called 'My SOS Family'
Simple and core use:
Press onscreen button and SOS Alerts will be immediately sent to SOS contacts via SMS, Phone call and email together with Google Map link of the users location.
We feel these are some of the Apps individual and unique Features:
1. My SOS Family automated system sends SOS alerts to contacts by SMS, Phone calls and email - Not the phone.
2. The number of SOS contacts is unlimited + can be in any country and the number of alerts we provide is unlimited.
3. We have a smart automated response centre;
One of the SOS contacts takes responsibility by replying to the SMS alert or phone call, all of them can try to take responsibility, however we allocate this duty to the first person who responds, we tell all the others the situation is being dealt with by the first responder, that way no-one duplicates duties and if someone picks up an alert later, they will also pick up an update of who took responsibility so they don't panic etc.
We have made the App easy to access in the following ways;
4. Siri integration : at the lock screen users who have hey Siri turned on can simply say "Hey Siri send a message using My SOS Family app" ; followed by the message that they want to send.
5. Use the App widget for iPhones; users set the App as the Top Widget to gain quick and easy access by simply swiping right, Android phone users have the easy access home-screen shortcut button.
6. Users can trigger help using their voice which helps a blind or partially sighted person by;
7. Turning on "voice Activation" in the App "Settings" then when the app is open using either by Voice or finger ; The users is asked if they want to send for help? simply requiring a “YES” response.
8. Each time the App is open , it listens for the first 30 sec's to a minute - the user just say's their secret trigger phrase or word to trigger the alert (see app settings to change this)
9. Use the SOS Timer Screen and set a count-down timer for up-to 24 hours, the timer is synchronised on our secure servers which means even if the phone runs out of battery, is damaged or has no signal, our system will send the alerts, use cases could be before someone does a dangerous job e.g climbing a ladder, or female enters a clients premises/home etc.
10. Users can insert a pair of wired earphones, when the app is open and on-screen they can use the button on their earphones to trigger the SOS alert (so it becomes a remote control trigger, this is helpful when you want to not take out the phone and be discreet.
11. Photos and custom messages can be added to the Alerts or preset/added in advance.
Any queries or questions contact us [email protected]
Last updated 14 Jan 2019
Published 16 Jan 2019
No matter where we are in the world, it's safe to say that care for the elderly is a major problem that is beginning to reach danger point. In the US, for example, there will be over 72 million people aged 65 or over by 2030. In Australia there are over 100,000 elderly citizens who are waiting for home care packages to be provided. In the UK it's said that 97% of older people dread the thought of moving into an age care facility. The bottom line here is that our populations are growing older and Governments (and concerned families) are having great difficulty in finding the money to fund age care for our elderly citizens. As a consequence, more and more of them are staying in their homes with only their grown-up children available to provide assistance.
Unfortunately, many of us can't offer our loved ones the round the clock care that they need because we have busy lives of our own. We work far more than we ever have with families of our own to look after. It's not easy to be there when they need us and the idea of a daily visit is a tough ask for many. Most of the time everything will be fine but you never know when something could go wrong and they need help. That's where 21st century technology steps in to help. There have been a number of personal alert and emergency apps that...